What is pilates?
A German man named Joseph Pilates developed the Pilates exercise technique, then called ‘The Art of Contrology’ or muscle control in the early 1900’s. It is a unique exercise method of using the mind to master the muscles.
Benefits of Pilates?
- Shaping up and losing weight
- Toning for all the muscles of the body
- Core conditioning
- Injury prevention
- Increases Flexibility
- Improves Posture
Who can benefit?
- All ages and abilities
- Male and female
- Those recovering from Injury.
- People with back problems, weak or injured necks, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees or ankles.
- People with physical jobs, that may involve, for example, a lot of heavy lifting, pulling or dragging.
- Sports people and athletes
- People in need of stress relief and relaxation.
- People in need of better coordination skills and/or concentration.
DiverseFit, Gorey, Co. Wexford
Telephone: 087 366 2055
I exercise to keep myself fit but I could never have said it was something I enjoyed. In fact I would have said it was quite a chore - until I had my first class with Shelley that is! She makes the classes so much fun, no two classes are ever the same and now I'm so disappointed if I have to miss one! - Carmel