What is pilates?
A German man named Joseph Pilates developed the Pilates exercise technique, then called ‘The Art of Contrology’ or muscle control in the early 1900’s. It is a unique exercise method of using the mind to master the muscles.
Benefits of Pilates?
- Shaping up and losing weight
- Toning for all the muscles of the body
- Core conditioning
- Injury prevention
- Increases Flexibility
- Improves Posture
Who can benefit?
- All ages and abilities
- Male and female
- Those recovering from Injury.
- People with back problems, weak or injured necks, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees or ankles.
- People with physical jobs, that may involve, for example, a lot of heavy lifting, pulling or dragging.
- Sports people and athletes
- People in need of stress relief and relaxation.
- People in need of better coordination skills and/or concentration.
DiverseFit, Gorey, Co. Wexford
Telephone: 087 366 2055
Our training schedule is available here.
Kettlebells - a great class, great fun and best of all are the great results. You don't feel the time passing during the class, but it definitely works wonders on your fitness levels, body tone and on improving your overall health and well being. Be prepared to have lots of energy and a toned body. - Eilish